The MAGAZINE FOR HEALTHCARE LEADERS
PROVIDING FOCUSED COVERAGE OF EMERGING TRENDS
AND ISSUES IN HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
2011 Magazine Overview
More than 35,000 industry leaders rely on Healthcare Executive, the official publication of the American College of Healthcare Executives, for its timely coverage of current trends. Each bi-monthly issue gets to the heart of the $2 trillion healthcare industry, focusing on critical industry topics such as technology developments, leadership and management best practices and real-world solutions for meeting evolving challenges.
Healthcare Executive is the publication of choice to target loyal, high-level decision makers in the healthcare management market. Forty-nine percent of Healthcare Executive readers operate at the C-Suite, Senior Vice President or Vice President level.1 Furthermore, readers agree—Healthcare Executive is a leading source of coverage on emerging trends and issues that directly relate to the daily challenges they face—and it is cited as one of the most valuable products the American College of Healthcare Executives provides.
Three feature-length articles are included in each issue of Healthcare Executive in addition to regular departments that explore hot topics in healthcare management.
- Careers: Strategies, advice and tools for effective career management.
- CEO Focus: Healthcare trends and issues as they specifically relate to CEOs.
- Community Health Innovations: Creative programs and ideas for healthcare organizations to help improve the health status of their communities.
- Governance Insights: Strategies for enhancing governance and board-CEO relations.
- Healthcare Management Ethics: Approaches to addressing organizational ethics issues faced by healthcare executives.
- On Physician Relations: Practical ways to partner with physicians and create fruitful relationships.
- Patient Safety: The role of leadership in transforming quality and patient safety.
- Public Policy Update: Analysis of the latest healthcare policy and legislative issues and how they affect healthcare organizations and their communities.
- Satisfying Your Customers: Tips, tools and trends to keep internal and external customers happy—and give healthcare organizations a competitive edge.
The American College of Healthcare Executives is an international professional society of more than 35,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations.
ACHE is known for its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management, and its educational programs including the annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which draws more than 4,500 participants each year. ACHE’s established network of more than 80 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level.
In addition, ACHE is known for its magazine, Healthcare Executive, and its journals, the Journal of Healthcare Management and Frontiers of Health Services Management, as well as groundbreaking research, career development and public policy programs. ACHE’s publishing division, Health Administration Press, is one of the largest publishers of books and journals on all aspects of health services management including textbooks for use in college and university courses.
Through such efforts, ACHE works toward its goal of being the premier professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to improving healthcare delivery.
Source: 1 ACHE Affiliate Database