Leadership is more than having a knack for predicting trends, a head for numbers, or years of experience to draw upon; it is also about intuition. This book is for managers and executives who are looking to sharpen their leadership capabilities, and who have the courage to learn more about themselves and how to use their instincts to lead others.
The core of this practical book is comprised of ten "laws" of leadership that author Peter McGinn, a healthcare CEO, has developed in his more than twenty years of experience. Learning to be a leader is a lifelong process, and McGinn includes invaluable lessons, such as the following:
- Understand that there is no "right" way of managing, and be prepared to deal with unexpected outcomes
- Measure results--how else will you know you're improving?
- Cultivate a diverse team--too much agreement is not always productive
- Create a compelling vision for yourself and your staff and use it to help you overcome all obstacles
- Know when to take a break, and help yourself to do the same
Enjoy McGinn's engaging style and lessons, and learn to lead from the inside out.