Recognize the role and responsibility of senior leadership in developing and reporting a community benefit program under the new IRS framework.
- Clarify IRS requirements and how to answer 990 Schedule H questions completely and accurately using professionally recognized reporting standards.
- Understand the CEO’s and board’s responsibilities for ensuring an exceptional community benefit program.
View additional learning objectives
You'll also learn:
- Understand public policy issues that are driving the need to be more accountable and transparent about community benefit.
- Learn strategies to meet the fiduciary and mission requisites for hospital tax exemption.
- Learn how to separate charity care from bad debt, and hear about best practices in financial assistance policies and practices.
Julie A. Trocchio and
Join seminar leaders Julie A. Trocchio, senior director of community benefit and continuing care, Catholic Health Association, and Keith Hearle, president, Verité Healthcare Consulting LLC, as you learn how to report community benefit information to the IRS and to create and lead successful and accountable programs.
For More Information about this program and the On-Location Program:
Hospital and health system CEOs, clinical leaders and other seniorlevel
executives involved in community or public relations, finance,
operations and members of planning and strategic committees.