Medal Award is the highest honor bestowed by the American College of Healthcare
Executives on outstanding leaders who have made significant contributions
to the healthcare profession. The purpose of this award is to identify
ACHE Fellows who best exemplify leadership at the organizational, local,
state/provincial, and national levels and who continually contribute to
the improvement of the delivery of healthcare services and community health.
of two Gold Medal Awards may be awarded each year: one to an outstanding
executive in a healthcare delivery organization, and the second to an
executive in a nondelivery healthcare organization (alliances, associations,
universities, consulting firms, etc.).
2013 winners have been selected: Thomas C. Dolan, PhD, FACHE, CAE and Wayne M. Lerner, DrPH, FACHE.
View Gold Medal Award winners.
- Be a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
demonstrated active leadership in the American
College of Healthcare Executives.
- Have demonstrated
achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Leadership and Executive Performance
- Health Services/Patient Care Delivery
- Professional Development
- Management and Organizational Development
- Health Services Activities
present at ACHEs 2014 Congress on Healthcare Leadership
to receive the commendation.
nomination should include:
nomination letter (not to exceed three pages) that highlights
the characteristics listed under Criteria. The
letter should include a brief summary of:
- The candidates involvement in local, state/provincial,
regional, and national healthcare and community service
- Published articles, books, and professional papers the
candidate has written
- Special commendations, awards, or honors that have been
granted by civic, military, fraternal, or service organizations
or any other extraordinary awards or honors
candidates curriculum vitae.
letters of support (not to exceed two pages each), including
no more than one letter from the candidates employing
- Deadline for nomination packet: August 20, 2013
- Send nomination packet to:
Gerard J. Berish, CAE
American College of Healthcare Executives
One North Franklin Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Nominations are valid for two years, provided the candidate
remains eligible for the award.