Foster G. McGaw
Graduate Student Scholarship
The Foundation of the American College of Healthcare Executives established this scholarship in honor of Foster G. McGaw, the founder of the American Hospital Supply Corporation. This scholarship is offered to provide financial aid to students in healthcare management graduate programs to help offset tuition costs, student loans and expenses.
Offered annually, the Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship is designated for students enrolled in their final year of a healthcare management graduate program. Each scholarship is worth $5,000. Between the McGaw and Dent scholarships, ACHE awards up to 20 scholarships each year.
You may apply for a Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a student enrolled in your final year (fall/spring) of full-time study in a healthcare management graduate program—MHA, MPH, MBA in Healthcare Administration or similar—with a graduation date between Sept. 1, 2015, and Aug. 31, 2016.
If you have a residency as part of your program and the upcoming fall term will be your second year of study, you may apply for a scholarship. If you have already completed your classroom work and are in the residency part of your program, you are not eligible to apply; PhD students are also not eligible.
- You are not required to be a Student Associate of the American College of Healthcare Executives. However, during the selection process, preference is given to applicants who are Student Associates of ACHE.
- You can demonstrate financial need.
- You are a U.S. or Canadian citizen.
- You are not a previous recipient of this scholarship or the Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship.
When to Apply
Applications are accepted between Jan. 1 and March 31, 2015. We will notify all applicants in July about the status of their applications.
How to Apply
- Click Here to Begin
- Be sure to include the following with your application:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation (one must be from your graduate program director)
- Application Essay including information on your;
- Reason for pursuing a career in healthcare management / your career aspirations and goals
- History in the field
- Financial need
- Community/Civic engagement and volunteerism
ACHE is a professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives. Known for its prestigious credentialing and educational programs and high-caliber publications, its vision is to be the premier professional society for healthcare leaders by providing exceptional value to its members.