Fellow Requirements at a Glance
Become a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and earn the distinction of board certification in healthcare management!
Start the process by submitting an application*. You do not have to meet all of the requirements below (such as three years of ACHE tenure or five years of healthcare management experience) to be eligible to submit an application. Once your application is approved, we will notify you that you can take the Board of Governors Exam. You will receive an Exam registration form with testing center information. Your advancement to FACHE status is complete after you pass the Exam and meet all the requirements.
Summary of requirements to earn the FACHE Credential
- Master’s or other postbaccalaureate degree
- Current healthcare management position and five years of healthcare management experience
- Three years tenure as an ACHE Member, Faculty Associate or International Associate (you must be a Member to apply)
- Three references from current Fellows (one of which must be a structured interview)
- 40 hours of continuing education—at least 12 of which are ACHE Face-to-Face Education hours—earned during the five years preceding becoming a Fellow
- Participation in two healthcare related and two community/civic activities
- Pass the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management*
* Your Fellow application will remain valid for three years. You can use these three years to meet any requirements.