Leadership in Mentoring
The following is a compilation of articles from Healthcare Executives Leadership in Mentoring column. The articles provide practical steps for both mentors and mentees to help them get the most out of their mentoring experience.
- The Benefits of Being a Mentor: Mentoring enhances your professional life as well as your mentee's.
- How to Get Started: Follow these tips to establish a successful mentoring relationship.
- Developing the Mentor/Mentee Relationship: An open and honest relationship is key for powerful mentoring.
- Moving from Telling to Empowering: Letting your mentee struggle can be the best lesson of all.
- Facilitating Authenticity: Open communication about tough issues can deepen your relationship.
- Transitioning the Mentoring Relationship: Learn when to renew or end your partnership.
- Partnership for Success: Learn how having a mentor can help you develop personally and professionally.
- Choosing a Mentor: A little preparation goes a long way when establishing a mentoring partnership.
- Take Charge of Your Mentoring Experience: Mentees benefit when they lead the mentoring relationship.
- The Power of Feedback: Providing constructive criticism can enhance the effectiveness of your relationship.
- Empty the Cup, Open the Mind: How receptive to learning are you?
- Beyond the Mentoring Relationship: Create a learning plan to continue your professional development.
- Passing on the Mentoring Torch: Former mentees can make ideal mentors.
- Long-Distance Mentoring: Make the most of mentoring when you can't meet in person.
- Creating a Mentoring Culture: Learn steps for establishing a formal mentoring system in your organization.
- Multiple Mentoring: Discover alternatives to a one-on-one learning relationship.
- Mentoring Diversity: Serving a diverse patient population calls for diverse leadership.