ACHE Diversity Resources
Partners in Diversity
- The Institute for Diversity in Health Management, co-founded by ACHE, works to expand leadership opportunities for minorities in health administration. Programs include student internships, education for professionals, a biannual conference and other initiatives that support this goal.
- The Diversity and Cultural Proficiency Assessment Tool for Leaders PDF) was created by ACHE, the American Hospital Association, the Institute for Diversity in Health Management and the National Center for Healthcare Leadership. It contains assessment worksheets and case studies that healthcare leaders may use to evaluate the diversity and cultural proficiency of their organizations and identify what activities and practices need to be implemented.
- A Race/Ethnic Comparison of Career Attainments in Healthcare Management: 2008 examines whether race/ethnic disparities in healthcare management careers have narrowed compared with previous studies.
- A Comparison of the Career Attainments of Men and Women Healthcare Executives examines the attainments of men and women who had chosen managerial careers in general business and contrasts the findings with healthcare managers.
- The Thomas C. Dolan Executive Diversity Program supports a cohort of mid- and senior-level careerists who aspire to higher leadership roles and provides specialized curriculum opportunities addressing barriers in career attainment and developing executive presence.
- ACHE's annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership is our premier event for providing diversity education for healthcare executives. At Congress, you and your peers have the unique opportunity to discuss diversity with issue experts. In addition, sessions are held that address how healthcare executives can form effective diversity policies.
- Key LGBT Resources, including general information about LGBT people and issues, national LGBT health initiatives and organizations, select LGBT health publications, information and materials for creating a welcoming environment, population- and issue-specific LGBT health information, and information for/about LGBT youth, families, elders, employees and servicemembers.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.