One of ACHE's strategic goals is to advance the profession of healthcare management. To that end, ACHE has developed Professional Policy Statements. These statements offer ACHE's position on how you can work to foster your own career development and ensure the successful future of the profession.
ACHE's Professional Policy Statements originate from affiliate and staff suggestions and are drafted at the committee level. The Board Policy Committee then reviews the statements before they are brought before the Board of Governors for final approval. Once a new or revised Statement has been approved by the Board, it is made available to all affiliates in the following issue of Healthcare Executive magazine and in the Annual Report & Reference Guide.
We hope these Statements, which are regularly reviewed and updated, are helpful to you as you advance your career and address increasingly complex and challenging issues.
Professional Policy Statements
- Board Certification in Healthcare Management
- Considering the Value of Older, Experienced Healthcare Executives
- Evaluating the Performance of the Hospital or Health System CEO
- The Healthcare Executive’s Role In Ensuring Quality And Patient Safety
- Increasing and Sustaining Racial/Ethnic Diversity in Healthcare Management
- Lifelong Learning and the Healthcare Executive
- Preventing and Addressing Harassment and Aggression in the Workplace
- Responsibility for Mentoring
- The Role of the Healthcare Executive in a Change in Organizational Ownership or Control: Consolidations, Mergers, Acquisitions, Affiliations, Divestitures, or Closures
- Terms of Employment for Healthcare Executives