Students may rent this edition as an electronic textbook with access for 180 days. Visit coursesmart.com for more information.
This book may also be purchased as a textbook with perpetual electronic access. Visit www.cafescribe.com or Kno.com for more information.
Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management, Fifth Edition is the latest book from the most trusted name in healthcare finance, Dr. Louis C. Gapenski. Like its predecessors, this book introduces readers to the basic concepts of healthcare finance, including accounting and financial management.
Fifth Edition Features
- New or expanded coverage of
- The impact of taxes and depreciation on for-profit providers
- Medical coding
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Form 990
- Fund accounting
- Recent information on healthcare reform includes coverage of accountable care organizations (ACOs) and medical homes with updated real-world examples
- Updated financial accounting coverage conforms to the latest AICPA formats
- New learning aids, including on-page definitions, For Your Consideration scenarios and Key Equations quick-reference tools
Go online to access additional learning tools, including:
- Bonus chapter on distributions to owners of for-profit businesses
- Bonus chapter that covers capitation, rate setting, and risk sharing
- Appendixes that provide lists of financial and operating indicator ratios and their definitions
Cases in Healthcare Finance is an ideal supplement to this text. Through real-world cases, it provides the opportunity to bridge the gap between learning concepts in a lecture setting and applying these concepts on the job. Be better prepared to deal with the multitude of issues that arise in the practice of healthcare finance.
Instructor Resources: Test Bank, PowerPoint slides, a sample course syllabus, and solutions to the end-of chapter questions and problems. To see a sample, click the link in the right-hand navigation bar.