Although not as visible as the nursing shortage, the shortage of healthcare leadership talent is equally important. The decisions leaders make can have a wide and lasting impact on an organization. This book presents strategies for identifying, recruiting, and retaining superior healthcare executives. Respected author and speaker Carson Dye explains why the aggressive development of leaders is the job of every senior executive and provides guidelines for finding and empowering these leaders.
Topics covered include:
- Creating a compelling place for leaders to work
- Determining search and hiring strategies
- Locating executive candidates
- Improving the interview process
- Using psychological assessment tools
- Making the hiring decision
- Orienting new leaders into the organization
- Identifying and developing leadership skills
End-of-chapter summaries can be used to evaluate your current practices and develop action plans for new approaches.