This book may also be purchased as a textbook with perpetual electronic access. Visit cafescribe.com or Kno.com for more information.
Students may rent this edition as an electronic textbook with access for 180 days. Visit coursesmart.com for more information.Case Descriptions
With this casebook, students have the opportunity to apply finance principles and concepts to a setting that simulates an actual work environment. Thus, this book creates a bridge between academic learning and applied practice.
Each of the 30 finance cases presents a comprehensive picture of the organization, along with a relevant financial-management challenge that you must solve. The majority of cases are accompanied by spreadsheet models to help you perform analysis and calculations.
Also provided are six mini ethics cases to provoke thought about financial situations with ethical implications.
Click here to see case descriptions:
Attention students: Access the student spreadsheet models by clicking on the "Student Resources" link in the navigation box located above and to the right.
Changes to this edition:
- The marginal cost pricing analysis case now includes both underlying cost structure and current profitability information.
- The pay-for-performance case now includes the three areas of performance (productivity, financial, and quality.)
- The clinic valuation case now includes the use of free operating cash flow as a valuation approach in addition to valuations based on free cash flow to equityholders, number of physicians, and revenues. Also, debt financing has been added to the clinic’s capital structure.
- The receivables management case includes two additional customers each with a different receivables pattern. Also, the cost of carrying receivables has been added to the model.
- The organization in this capitation and risk sharing case has been recast as a new Physician Hospital Organization (PHO.)
Instructor Resources: Case solutions, complete instructor versions of the spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint slides. To see a sample, click the link in the right-hand navigation bar.
This casebook is 20% off when purchased with Dr. Gapenski’s textbooks Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management, or Understanding Healthcare Financial Management.