Who Should Attend:
The Leadership Development Program is designed for healthcare executives who play a primary role in providing strategic direction for their organizations or who aspire to assume greater leadership responsibilities.
19 ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits
Gain the Self-Awareness and Confidence Needed for Healthcare Leadership
Your ability to lead has never been more critical than it is today. Facing fast-paced and disruptive changes in healthcare, organizations require leaders with vision, talent and the skills necessary to influence others in realizing that vision.
ACHE's Leadership Development Program combines skill assessments, personalized feedback, confidential, individual coaching sessions, and group exercises with lectures to enhance your leadership capacity to drive organizational success. You will emerge equipped with valuable and enlightening information about your personal leadership style, communication and decisionmaking skills, and the impact that you have on others.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine your leadership strengths and developmental needs to determine your value to an organization
- Identify and overcome the barriers preventing you from taking your career to new heights
- Gain insight into how your behavioral patterns influence your leadership style through self-assessments and one-on-one coaching sessions
- Hone a personal leadership philosophy through introspection and interaction with other participants
- Practice new skills and set goals in a supportive environment where you will receive immediate, confidential feedback
Assessments and Feedback
The program’s main focus is on improving your leadership abilities. Approximately six weeks prior to the program, you will receive a set of assessments to complete before the program begins. Some are self-assessments; others are questionnaires that are to be completed by you and your subordinates, peers and superiors.
Program faculty will use the data obtained from these assessments to construct your personal profile. Using your personal profile, faculty will provide confidential feedback during the program to help you formulate an individualized development plan to increase your effectiveness.
This comprehensive set of assessments is an integral part of the Leadership Development Program and is a requirement for participation. Because this program is highly customized to your individual leadership profile, participants can expect to devote approximately 2.5 to 3 hours to complete the series of assessments in preparation for the program.