The traditional organized medical staff, with rotating voluntary leaders and economic and political tensions, no longer serves the best interests of healthcare organizations. What is needed is a contemporary medical staff model that can work effectively with executive leaders at all levels of the organization to facilitate innovation and transformational change.
- Understand the evolution of the organized medical staff from a divisive group to a fully integrated model, highlighting the case for a comprehensive redesign
- Maximize the key functions of the organized medical staff to increase focus on collaboration, continual improvement and aligned goals
- Discover how top-performing healthcare organizations work with medical staff in new and innovative ways to optimize quality and service and significantly reduce operating costs
- Examine the new world of dual accountabilities and how it can be effectively managed
- Recognize the potential pitfalls when orchestrating an extensive organizational medical staff redesign
Jonathan H. Burroughs, MD, FACHE, FACPE
Seminar leader Jonathan H. Burroughs, MD, FACHE, FACPE, president and CEO of The Burroughs Healthcare Consulting Network Inc., will discuss critical operational aspects of the organized medical staff and demonstrate how successful healthcare organizations have redesigned staff models to achieve the strategic goals of quality, service and margin.
- Click on the Register Now link for the location of your choice
- Call ACHE's Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400
- Download a registration form
ACHE members $1,375
ACHE members $1,375
Register by November 1 to take advantage of 2014 pricing. Pricing for 2015 programs is subject to increase after November 1.
Who Should Attend
CEOs, COOs, CMOs and other senior-level executives, board leaders, physician and nursing leaders (formal and informal) and medical staff service professionals (MSSP)