ACHE Members: View additional Services
Manage and Develop Your Career
Assessments, workshops, and other tools are available to help you
advance your career.
- Career Center Products and Services provide
you with personalized feedback that you can use to enhance your self-knowledge
and manage your career more effectively.
- Executive Leadership & Career
Development Books will keep you up-to-date on the latest healthcare
issues, challenges, and opportunities to help advance your career
and assist your organization in maintaining a leading edge.
- Frequently Asked Career Management
Questions cover advice on job transitions for early careerists,
mid-careerists, and senior executives.
contain advice on career management, personal marketing,
coaching and mentoring, and planning from the "Careers" column
in Healthcare Executive
- Transitioning From Military to Civilian Healthcare Careers (PDF) outlines myths and realities and provides military officers with strategies for best presenting their skills and networking in the civilian sector.
- The 2013 ACHE Healthcare Competencies Assessment Tool (PDF) is designed to help healthcare executives identify their areas of strength as well as areas that they might want to include in their personal development plan. The assessment tool also contains an extensive listing of additional resources for further professional development.
- The audio/podcast, Stop Sabotaging Your Career: Eight Proven Strategies to Succeed in Spite of Yourself, (MP3, 33 minutes) was originally presented by Lois Frankel, PhD, at the 2008 Congress on Healthcare Leadership. Dr. Frankel is a pioneer in the field of business coaching. Her books Nice Girls Don’t Get The Corner Office and Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich are international bestsellers.
Resources for Students and Early
Pursuing a Healthcare Management Degree
Scholarships, Internships, and Fellowships
Support for Early Careerists
Careerist Network resources help build career momentum with
monthly newsletters, seminars, books, and career and networking
information designed to address the particular challenges faced
by early careerists.
Management 101 presentations guide you through interviewing,
networking, crafting a resume, and other career management strategies.
- Acute Care Career
Overview highlights acute care career opportunities for entry-,
mid-, and senior-level managers and provides an overview of the
acute care sector.
- Managed Care
Career Overview highlights managed care career opportunities
for entry-, mid-, and senior-level managers and provides an overview
of the managed care sector.
Mentoring and Coaching Opportunities
- Executive Coaches
Profile Instrument is a questionnaire for potential executive
coaches interested in inclusion in the Executive Coaches Directory.
(Only members may access this area.)
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click