Become a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and earn the distinction of board certification in healthcare management.
If you are just beginning the path to Fellow, start by submitting an FACHE application.* View FACHE Requirements at a Glance or continue following the steps below.
Step 1 - Get started
Eligibility requirements to submit an FACHE application:
- Master’s or other postbaccalaureate degree. (Submit a copy of your degree.)
- Current healthcare management position and at least two years of healthcare management experience. (Submit organizational chart, job description and resume.)
- Include the names of your three references on your application. (The completed reference forms can be submitted by your references after you submit an application.)
NOTE: Once you have submitted your application with your $250 application fee and it is approved, we will notify you that you can take the Board of Governors Exam. You will receive an Exam registration form with testing center information.
* Your Fellow application will remain valid for three years. You can use these three years to meet any requirements.
Step 2 - After the Exam
After passing the Board of Governors Exam, the other requirements you must meet, if you haven’t already, include:
- Be in a healthcare management position and have five years of healthcare management experience.
- Have three years tenure as an ACHE Member, Faculty Associate or International Associate (ACHE student tenure does not count toward meeting the FACHE requirements).
- Earn 40 hours of continuing education—at least 12 of which are ACHE Face-to-Face Education hours—during the five years before you become a Fellow. The remaining 28 hours can be ACHE Qualified Education hours.
- Participate in two healthcare and two community/civic activities during the three years before you become a Fellow.
NOTE: After you pass the Board of Governors Exam, go to my.ache.org to see what remaining requirements you must meet to advance. These are the final steps to advance to Fellow status.
Are you a former Diplomate? You may be eligible to advance to FACHE!
Learn More About Advancing to Fellow
For more information contact ACHE’s Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400 or email@example.com.