Become a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and earn the distinction of board certification in healthcare management.
If you are just beginning the path to Fellow, start by submitting an FACHE application.* View FACHE Requirements at a Glance or continue following the steps below.
Step 1 – Apply and Be Authorized to Sit for the Exam
Eligibility requirements to submit an FACHE application:
- Member Status: Must be a current ACHE member to apply. Membership tenure will be considered in Step 2.
- Education: Master’s or other post baccalaureate degree. Submit a copy of your diploma or transcripts showing completion of program.
- Experience: In a current healthcare management position and at least two years of approved experience. Submit an organizational chart, job description, and current resume. How does ACHE define a healthcare management position?
- References: Include the names of three active Fellows of ACHE from whom you will solicit references. One of these references will need to be in the form of a structured interview. What is a Structured Interview?
NOTE: An online payment of $250 will be required to submit an application. All additional documents may be submitted with the online application or any time after the application fee has been processed. We request 5–7 business days to review your application and will notify you of the status of your application after that time.
* Your Fellow application will remain valid for three years. All requirements must be met during these three years, including tenure and experience.
After passing the Board of Governors Exam, the other requirements you must meet, if you haven't already, include:
- Three years tenure as an ACHE member, Faculty Associate or International Associate.
- Be in a healthcare management position and have five years of approved healthcare management experience.
- Earn 40 hours of Healthcare Management Continuing Education credits during the five years before you become a Fellow. Of those 40, 12 must be ACHE Face-to-Face Education hours, and the remaining 28 hours can be ACHE Qualified Education hours. After January 1, 2014, earn 36 hours within the past three years. Please refer to Quick Reference Guide (PDF).
- Participate in two healthcare and two community/civic activities during the three years before you become a Fellow. What are examples of two healthcare and two community/civic activities?
NOTE: Go to my.ache.org frequently to view the status of your application.
Learn More About Advancing to Fellow
- View Advancement Information Session (Video)
- View Regulations Governing Admission, Advancement and Recertification (PDF)
- Register for a Fellow Advancement Audio Conference
- Visit Credentialing area
For more information contact ACHE’s Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400 or email@example.com.