Whether you’re looking for a Face-to-Face learning opportunity, self-directed study or specific areas to target, ACHE has the resources that fit your needs.
Guidelines to Plan Your Preparation
The Exam is designed to test your knowledge of healthcare management and your ability to apply it to real-world scenarios.
The method and amount of time you spend preparing for the Exam is driven by a variety of factors, including your preferred study style, your level of professional experience or your academic background.
To plan your preparation, we recommend you:
- Review the Exam Outline.
- Evaluate your level of skill, knowledge or competency on each task using the ACHE Healthcare Executive 2021 Competencies Assessment Tool.
- Develop a plan of courses, reading and mentoring in areas where you may need further skill, knowledge or competency.
Resources to Help You Prepare for the Exam
Whether you’ve identified specific domains to target based on the results of your competencies assessment, or want to prepare for all areas of the Exam, ACHE offers resources to support your success:
- Virtual Board of Governors Exam Review Course
- This virtual course is worth 12 ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits. Once the course is completed, these credits may be used toward the Continuing Education requirement needed to submit your Fellow application.
- Board of Governors Online Tutorial – On-Demand Study Tool
- Board of Governors Exam Study Set
- Board of Governors Exam Flashcards (with digital access)
- Board of Governors Exam Study Bundle
Check with your local ACHE chapter to connect with other individuals interested in earning their FACHE. Several chapters offer Exam study courses and study groups.
While these offerings are designed as options to prepare you for the Exam, they are not designed to teach to the test.