Understanding Healthcare Financial Management, Seventh Edition
Instructor Resources: New test bank, PowerPoint slides, chapter problem solutions, minicase solutions, and a transition guide to the new edition.
Student resources enhance learning, clarifies concepts, and provides additional tools for financial decision making, including Excel models that illustrate the text's calculations and end-of-chapter problems and spreadsheets, minicases that provide further practice in applying concepts, and two bonus chapters.
In today’s healthcare environment, financial issues are paramount, and managers must be prepared as they strive to improve the delivery of health services. Understanding Healthcare Financial Management, Seventh Edition, blends theory with the “nuts and bolts” tools managers need for on-the-job decision making. Self-test questions, key concepts, glossary terms, learning objectives, and spreadsheet problems are featured throughout the book, helping students learn to make educated financial decisions in even the most complex provider settings.
This substantially updated seventh edition provides an even greater focus on the types of financial decisions healthcare providers make and a more user-friendly approach to the topics presented:
- Updates explain the effects of health reform and the Affordable Care Act on financial management
- Consolidation of content about health insurance and payments to providers sharpens the book’s focus on the healthcare environment
- Key Equation boxes highlight important formulas
- Integrative Applications present in-depth practice problems that illustrate key concepts
- Anecdotal sidebars connect interesting real-world situations with chapter topics
- End-of-chapter supplements separate less essential content from the chapter’s core content
- A new appendix compiles the book’s key equations in one place to provide a handy summary of the most important mathematical formulas and variable definitions