Improve the health of your community and benefit from increased staff loyalty, reduced costs, and excellent market intelligence!
This book is the result of a three-year collaborative research project between the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Hospital Association. The project was designed to uncover the practices put in place by hospitals that have been recognized for their efforts to improve community health. This handbook provides real-life governance and management examples of 25 practices discovered during site visits at leading hospitals. It includes various forms and tips to help you implement the practices at your organization.Practices discussed include:
- Investing in community health systematically
- Promoting community health with and through partners
- Creating a community health information unit
- Developing strong support networks with the community
- Holding recognition events to honor community health activists