Submissions to the 2022 Forum on Advances in Healthcare Management Research are no longer being accepted. We invite you to attend the 2022 Forum, which will take place on March 30, 2022 during ACHE’s Congress on Healthcare Leadership. In this session, attendees will learn how current research in healthcare management can inform practices at their organizations.
Submissions to the 2023 Forum on Advances in Healthcare Management Research will be accepted in the spring of 2022. The lead presenter of the selected proposal (or designate) will receive a complimentary registration to Congress. (Travel and related expenses will not be reimbursed.)
Presentations for the Forum are intended to be reports of theoretical and/or empirical research by faculty, researchers and practitioners in the field with the potential for high impact on healthcare management. Proposals for the Forum should contain a maximum of 400 words. All proposals will be reviewed by a committee composed of practitioners and academics. The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Relevance. The proposal should address an important research area within the healthcare management field.
- Utility. The proposal should demonstrate how the key methods or findings from the research could be adopted by a health provider.
- Scope of Interest. Papers of broad interest to practitioners in diverse settings are preferred.
- Cogency. The proposal should be well organized, easy to read and offer clear managerial implications.
Required Proposal format:
- Objective. State the issue your research addresses and your specific research questions.
- Methods. Give a summary of your methods including sample sizes.
- Key findings. Include a summary of your key findings.
- Relevance. Highlight the relevance of your research to the healthcare management field.
- Managerial Implications. Describe how key methods or findings from your research could be used by healthcare providers in diverse settings.
Presenting at Congress does not preclude you publishing your work in other forums. By submitting an abstract to the American College of Healthcare Executives (“ACHE”), you are guaranteeing to ACHE a royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual license to use, reproduce, post, publish and distribute your abstract, in whole or in part, in any way in the future, with appropriate attribution to you.