HAP Summer Sale | 20% Off
Order any book now through September 5 and receive a 20% discount off the member and non-member price when you use the promo code SUMMER22 at checkout. This discount excludes any multi-book sets and bundles that are already discounted and the ACHE Board of Governors Exam Flashcards.
Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics, Third Edition
The Fourth Edition of this book was published in April 2014. To request an exam copy of the Fourth Edition, please click here. If you need a desk copy of the Third Edition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics, Third Edition, examines the most important legal and ethical issues in healthcare and presents essential information that will help you learn to identify and tackle potential legal problems.
This edition includes new information and extensive updates including:
- The U.S. Supreme Court’s decisions on physician-assisted suicide, the liability of health plans, and partial-birth abortion
- Legal and ethical issues in emergency contraception
- The Terri Schiavo case involving termination of life support
- The Medicare prescription drug benefit and HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Medical malpractice reform and the reporting of medical errors
- Obligations to provide emergency care and make services accessible to persons with limited English proficiency
- A new chapter on health insurance and the ongoing effort to achieve universal health insurance coverage
This new edition also has a revised emphasis and focus. Rather than focusing on managed care, it emphasizes, and includes more material on, health insurance reform.
Student Resources: Explanations of the new law’s provisions and relevant links that relate to healthcare reform implications in the text. Click the Student Resources link to the right to access the companion.
Instructor Resources: Class discussion topics, discussion questions with talking points, and PowerPoint slides on healthcare reform. To see a sample,click on the Instructor Resource sample tab above.