This bestselling text provides managers with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to effectively manage healthcare information systems.
- New and revised material includes:
- Expanded discussion of strategic planning, including the importance of system integration and IM/IT governance
- Extensive updates to the project management chapter, including information on establishing a centralized IM/IT portfolio management office (PMO) to improve project success rates
- A new chapter on the government’s role in IM/IT, including the impact of HIPAA and other legislation
- A new chapter that explains how IM/IT investments are evaluated and provides a framework for conducting these analyses
- Updated information on the electronic health record and other clinical and administrative applications used in healthcare enterprises
- A comprehensive profile of hospital IM/IT leadership, including the role of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Each chapter features learning objectives, web resources, and discussion questions
- Includes a case that illustrates the design of an EMR in a multi-specialty group practice
- Includes a glossary that clarifies technical terms
Instructor Resources: Answers or discussion points for end-of-chapter questions, case studies, PowerPoint slides, and a test bank. To see a sample, click on the Instructor Resource sample tab above.