Offered annually, the Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship is designated for minority students enrolled in their final year of a healthcare management graduate program. Each scholarship is worth $5,000. Between the McGaw and Dent scholarships, ACHE awards up to 20 scholarships each year.
You may apply for an Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are not required to be a Student Associate of the American College of Healthcare Executives. However, during the selection process, preference is given to applicants who are Student Associates of ACHE.
- You are a minority student and have a graduation date between Sept. 1, 2013, and Aug. 31, 2014. If you have a residency as part of your program and the upcoming fall term will be your second year of study, you may apply for a scholarship. If you already completed your classroom work and are in the residency part of your program or you will begin your residency in 2013, you are not eligible to apply.
- You can demonstrate financial need.
- You are a U.S. or Canadian citizen.
- You are not a previous recipient of this scholarship or the Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship.
Please note: The Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship is only available to minority students, based on the definition of minority created by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
* MHA, MPH, MBA in Healthcare Administration or similar. PhD students are not eligible to apply.
Applications are accepted between Jan. 1 and March 31, 2013. We will notify all applicants in July about the status of their applications.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application in its entirety.
- Be sure to include the following with your application:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Application Essay
ACHE is a professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives. Known for its prestigious credentialing and educational programs and high-caliber publications, our vision is to be the premier professional society for healthcare leaders by providing exceptional value to its members.
you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe Web site to download a free copy.