The Healthcare Quality Book: Vision, Strategy, and Tools, Fifth Edition
Hardbound, 473pp, 2023
Order Code: 2463I
- Member Price: $80.50
- Non Member Price: $115.00
- New Release
To learn more about the book, check out this video with editor Maulik S. Joshi, DrPH.
Instructor Resources: Test bank, PowerPoint summaries, and answers to the end-of-chapter study questions.
The Healthcare Quality Book provides a framework, methodology, and practical approaches to assist healthcare professionals in championing improvement efforts. The book is divided into three sections that cover the fundamentals of healthcare quality, critical quality topics, and key strategies for effectively leading quality.
The extensively revised fifth edition of this definitive text brings together healthcare thought leaders with a wide range of subject matter expertise. Chapter contributors explore the foundation of healthcare quality, share their perspectives on essential and cutting-edge topics, and offer strategies for learning the skills to lead a culture of quality.
New content includes:
- A deeper dive into quality improvement tools and models such as Baldrige and Magnet
- A new chapter on health equity and disparities in care
- A redesigned chapter on population health with a greater focus on community health and social determinants of health
- An expanded chapter on patient experience that incorporates more on quality measurement
- A redesigned chapter on health information technology that discusses the digital and emerging health technology that impacts quality
- A new chapter that delves into three major organizational quality improvement initiatives in-depth
The Healthcare Quality Book will assist leaders at all levels in developing a solid foundation of quality leadership knowledge, skills, and tools.