HAP Holiday Sale - Order any book now through Jan. 30 and receive a 20% discount when you use the promo code HOLIDAY20 at checkout. This discount excludes any multi-book sets that are already discounted and the Board of Governors Exam flashcards.
Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, Second Edition
NEW EDITION AVAILABLE SOON! REQUEST EXAM COPIES HERE
As the complex US healthcare environment undergoes radical reform, strategic planning is becoming crucial to organizational success.
Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, Second Edition,fully explains strategic plan development and implementation—from conducting an environmental assessment to communicating the plan to stakeholders—as well as the factors that influence strategic planning effectiveness, including organizational culture, physician involvement, and planning across the continuum of healthcare services.
This new edition discusses reform-driven changes that impact strategic planning, including the advent of accountable care organizations and patient-centered medical homes. Through the revised and updated comprehensive case study woven throughout the book, readers gain hands-on understanding by applying what they learn as they go. Accompanying exercises test comprehension and reinforce key concepts.
Additional updates include:
- New, real-life case studies that complement the comprehensive case study that forms the foundation of the book
- A new chapter on healthcare marketing that discusses the integral role marketing plays in strategic plan implementation
- New health information technology content, including coverage of big data, the increasing use of mobile devices in healthcare, the growth of telemedicine services, and the importance of the patient portal
- Discussion of new technologies used to communicate the strategic plan, including the company intranet, videoconferencing, webcasts, and other digital media
- Expanded discussion of hospital–physician integration models and the strategic advantages of partnering with physicians
- Increased coverage of pay-for-performance initiatives and related terminology, including the Donabedian framework for quality, nurse-sensitive patient outcomes, therapeutic alliances, and value-based purchasing