Introduction to Healthcare Quality Management, Third Edition
Softbound, 362pp, 2018
Order Code: 2356
Gateway to Healthcare Management
- Member Price: $59.50
- Non Member Price: $85.00
Instructor Resources: Test bank, PowerPoint slides, answers to the in-book questions, and a PDF of the American College of Healthcare Executives / NPSF Lucian Leape Institute guide Leading a Culture of Safety: A Blueprint for Success.
The ongoing shift to value-based healthcare has driven change in the practices and approaches providers use to evaluate their performance and improve their organizations’ clinical, safety, and patient satisfaction outcomes. Now more than ever before, healthcare professionals must know how to apply the essential principles of quality management—measurement, assessment, and improvement.
Introduction to Healthcare Quality Management explains the basic principles and techniques of quality management in healthcare. Written for students and professionals with little or no clinical experience, the book focuses primarily on measuring and improving the operational and patient service aspects of healthcare delivery. Real-world case studies and examples provide an applied learning approach that helps readers understand how to measure, assess, and improve an organization’s performance and ensure the delivery of reliable, high-quality care.
Thoroughly revised with updated references, examples, case studies, activities, and supplementary resources, this edition includes new content on:
- Strategies for managing quality in population health care
- Use of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Triple Aim framework
- Value-based reimbursement models
- Patient-centered discharge planning and case management
- Improving initiatives aimed at bettering patient health
- External regulations and accreditation standards
- Lean and Six Sigma improvement tools and techniques
- Healthcare application of improvement models from other industries
An excellent resource for students and practicing health professionals alike, Introduction to Healthcare Quality Management provides readers with the core knowledge they need to shape innovative change in quality management practices.