Which Diversity Program is for You?
See what this 2022 Thomas C. Dolan Executive Diversity Program Scholar had to say about her experience.
“When I applied for the Executive Diversity Program, I hoped to gain tools to help manage personalities from diverse backgrounds, foster an inclusive environment throughout the organization, and help identify opportunities for greater diversity in my workplace. As I completed the program, I knew wholeheartedly that I could be the change I want to see”.
About the Program: Advancing Diverse Executives
Research suggests that improved diversity and inclusion in healthcare leadership results in more equitable healthcare outcomes from all communities. Since 2014, the Thomas C. Dolan Executive Diversity Program has offered specialized leadership development for diverse leaders. EDP is designed for leaders in senior executive roles or those in C-suite positions who aspire to higher level or larger responsibility roles.
Innovative Format & Curriculum
The Dolan Executive Diversity Program offers exclusive access to convenient learning and networking options, including interactive in-person education offerings, live webinars and collaborations with their cohort peers. Dolan Scholars are empowered through a structured curriculum and activities that:
- Cultivates strong leadership presence.
- Sharpens expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Builds critical leadership skills across the 10 healthcare management knowledge areas.
- Expands capacity to navigate career opportunities and challenges.
The Thomas C. Dolan Executive Diversity Program is a six-month program and includes these key features:
- Formal leadership education offering the opportunity to earn over 50 ACHE Face-to-Face Education and continuing medical education credits for physicians, nurses and physician assistants.
- Senior-level career assessments.
- Specialized learning experiences to delve into diversity, equity and inclusion in executive settings.
- All selected Executive Diversity Program Scholars will also participate in the Executive Program. The Executive Program, divided into three cohorts, are designed for director and vice president-level leaders (executive cohort), senior vice president and those taking their next steps to C-suite (senior executive cohort) and physician leaders who are transitioning to administrative roles (physician executive cohort). For more information, please visit the In-Person Executive Program course page.
- Specially selected mentors for one-on-one interactions.
- Innovative, interactive in-person and virtual learning and networking throughout the program.
2023 Program Schedule
|February||Feb. 13–Program Application Opens|
|April||April 10, 11:59 p.m.–Program Application Closes|
|May||May 10–Scholarship Recipients Notified|
|Scholar Goal Interviews|
|May 31–Program Orientation (Virtual)|
|June||Mentor/Mentee Strategy Discussions (Virtual)|
|Personal Coaching Session (Virtual)|
|June 24–Introductory Dinner (Atlanta)|
|June 25–In-person Session One (Atlanta)|
|June 25-27–Executive Program Participation (Atlanta)|
|July||July 13–Joint Session: Ethics (Virtual)|
|July 27–Leadership Assessments Overview (Virtual)|
|August||Mentor Check-ins (Virtual)|
|Personal Coaching Sessions (Virtual)|
|Aug. 26–Scholars’ Dinner (Chicago)|
|Aug. 27–In-Person Session Two (Chicago)|
|Aug. 27-29–Executive Program Participation (Chicago)|
|September||Mentor Check-ins (Virtual)|
|In-person Mentor/Mentee Visits|
|Sept. 28–Chief Diversity Offer Panel Discussion (Virtual)|
|October||Personal Coaching Sessions (Virtual)|
|Oct. 21–Scholars’ Dinner (Houston)|
|Oct. 22–In-person Session Three and Service Project (Houston)|
|Oct. 22-24–Executive Program Participation (Houston)|
|November||Nov. 2–Joint Closing Session (Virtual)|
|December||Closing Session with Mentors (virtual)|